Have you taken our Level 1,2, or 3 manual therapy courses and are excited to learn more? Or maybe you’ve heard about our courses from a fellow OT or COTA and would like to learn some new strategies to help your patients. Whether this is your first manual therapy course, or your 4th with us, you are invited to take this course. This course is designed for OTs and COTAs who work with the geriatric population in all settings including acute care, home health, SNF and long-term care facilities. Our Level 4 professional development course will advance both novice and experienced occupational therapists / certified occupational therapy assistants in the art of manual therapy targeting the scapulothoracic region, and elbow/wrist joints. There will be a large emphasis placed on learning corrective exercises to help reinforce manual therapy techniques and improve your patients’ UE ROM, strength, and functional task performance. We will showcase proper examination techniques for scapular dysfunction as well as diagnostic indicators for several distal UE conditions. Clinicians will feel comfortable choosing the correct evidence-based manual therapy treatment techniques learned to quickly and effectively increase functional task performance for a given patient based on clinical examination findings. Case examples will be presented which will allow clinicians to implement manual therapy and corrective exercises in all settings for adolescent patients through the older adult. This course is ideal for occupational therapists/certified occupational therapy assistants who are excited and motivated to use hands-on treatment strategies with their patients to attain immediate functional improvements. This course is part of the continuum of courses in route to becoming a Certified Geriatric Manual Therapist (CGMT).
*This 3 Part Course includes the following:
* Pre-course content delivered online leading up to the live course including video demonstrations. (2 contact hours)
* Full day Hands-On training instructed by Michael L. Fink PT, DSc, SCS, OCS, CGMT and Joseph R. Hribick DPT, CGMT (7 contact hours)
* Post-course Content Online approximately 4-8 weeks following the live course (1 contact hour)
* Easily-referenced Course Manual filled with technique illustrations
* Full Access to PIMT’s private, Member-only Facebook Group
* Delicious Breakfast
Learning Objectives: Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
* Review & modify Level 1,2,3 manual techniques in order to treat patients across a variety of settings
*Prescribe the most appropriate corrective exercises for patients based on clinical examination findings and manual therapy techniques selected for the areas addressed.
* Identify abnormal movement patterns and determine “at fault” structures through evaluation of scapular and thoracic spine kinematics.
* Employ new manual therapy techniques to scapula, shoulder, and elbow/wrist joints
* Select the most appropriate manual therapy technique(s) from Levels 1-3 based on clinical examination findings during case based scenarios.
$210.00 POTA Member OT/OTA